Friday, September 18, 2009

Sox & Dawgs Goes On Hiatus

One of the great Red Sox sites on the web came to a halt tonight.  Ian Bethune posted a note on his site Sox & Dawgs to explain his decision:


I've always been someone who has given 110% on no matter what I do in life. So when I realized I could no longer offer that, I decided this was the best step to take right now. I'd rather not do anything at all then give you something half ass when you expect more of me. Believe me this decision didn't come easily. I've gone back in forth in my head all day.But in the end, I knew when I wrote down that I couldn't give the 110% on everything that it was time to think about things....Maybe I'll have a change of heart in the morning, maybe I won't. I do know for right now, I need to take time to figure things out.

Over the last two years Ian has linked to my stories countless times, he was the first big site to put a link up for Fenway West back when we were getting about 4 hits a day.  I owe him a great deal of thanks for all of the support he has given me and hope he will have his great site back up soon.

3 comments:

abruno September 18, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Do you know when this happened today?

Matt September 19, 2009 at 3:59 AM  

I was announced right after the Red Sox game ended.

Anonymous,  September 19, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

sad day, the reason i found fenway west was due to sox and dawgs...ian i hope things go well for ya...

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP