Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Beckett Still Has Issues in Red Sox Loss

It was not as bad as some of his recent outings, but Josh Beckett struggled early in tonight's game. He gave up a homer in the first and another in the second and at the end of the third inning the Red Sox were down 4-1. He then settled in and looked good; no walks in the game with 9 strikeouts. The additional homers are a reason for concern though and there is still no clear answer for why the homerun numbers are way up.

The Red Sox offense fought back and tied the game 5-5 in the 8th but RR gave up 2 runs in the bottom of the inning before being yanked for MDC. Delcamen did not fare much better; he gave up a home run to Longoria.

Red Sox Lose 8-5 BOX SCORE

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Red Sox 0 1 0 2 0 0 1 1 0 5 6 1
Rays 1 3 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 8 12 0

2 comments:

Shelley September 3, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Yep. Beckett was not the lights out we wanted him to be. No doubt.

Whoever, after the 2nd inning...he seemed to really settle down and look...dare I say...like Beckett.

So, I have hope. I do not believe Beckett is injured. I do not believe Becks is tipping pitches. I think that Beckett is working through a mechanical issue and whatever adjustment he made. WORKED.

So, I might be the eternal optimist...but I think in this case, I have reason to be.

Matt September 3, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

I sure hope you are right. It is so strange how he has gone from great to bad to great in the last 5 games.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP