Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jimmy Fund 2009: Give To A Great Cause!

It's that time again....for the annual Jimmy Fund Telethon! It's one of the many things I LOVE about the Red Sox. They are sometimes all about kicking arse and winning baseball games, but sometimes they are about so much more. A lot of ballclubs support charities, but The Red Sox do it bigger and better. They support the 2 day telethon in hopes of kicking cancer's arse...and helping those battling it. I think it is just awesome.

Jimmy Fund

"The Boston Red Sox, WEEI Sports Radio 850 AM, NESN, and the Jimmy Fund are once again teaming up for the 8th annual WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon at Fenway Park. Call in your gift to benefit the lifesaving mission of the Jimmy Fund at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute."

The 2 day telethon is today and tomorrow. I know money is tight for everyone (especially me who just shelled out money for 3 Red Sox/Yankees games), but we all have a little change lying around, so if you can...please donate it to the Jimmy Fund. The Fund helps support the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Any organization that helps kids fighting cancer....is something I will always support.

As you all know, I donate $10 for every Red Sox win to charity so that my obsession with baseball is not so selfish. I couldn't decide on who I wanted to donate to for June or July...and once I remembered the Jimmy Fund was coming up, I decided to wait and donate to them.

So, for the wins in June and July...which were 31...I donated all of those funds to the Jimmy Fund.

That's a whoppin' $310.00.


I couldn't be happier to see that money go to such a good cause.

If you would like to donate...and I hope you do, either visit The Jimmy Fund or call (877) 738-1234.

The telethon goes until midnight tomorrow....so let's log on and pick up the phone....and help them get to their 5 MILLION DOLLAR GOAL.

If you donated to the Jimmy Fund, leave a note in the comments section. Every dollar and cent counts...and is for a great cause!

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP