Friday, December 7, 2007

No Sox In ESPN's NEXT

The walk down the driveway took gruesome turn when I glanced down at the new copy of ESPN the Magazine I had just picked up from the mailbox. Joba Chamberlain was on the cover. This was ESPN's annual Next edition where they showcase the upcoming athletes in various sports. The article was not bad, although it did not mention Joba's bug induced choke in Cleveland, but the next few pages were what bothered me. Not one of the Red Sox young players was listed. Where's Jacoby? If any player showed he belongs in the bigs more than Ellsbury I 'd like to know who it is. I was getting ready to cancel my subscription to the magazine until a few pages latter I read a tidbit on how someone came up with a formula on balls infielders should have reached. According to the new stat Jeter is the second worst fielding shortstop in the league. At least they got 1 thing right.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP