Friday, February 29, 2008

Beckett Shows No Mercy to College Hitters


Ace Josh Beckett spoke to Rob Duca of the Cape Cod Times about pitching against college hitters.

A guy said, 'Are you going to at least let somebody hit it?' 'No, I'm not going to let 'em hit it,' " Beckett said after the Red Sox rolled to a 24-0 triumph. "I'm out there trying to do my job and my job right now is to get in shape for the season. If I'm facing a college team and I'm messing around, I might take that into another game. That's not what you're trying to do."

Beckett retired 6 batters in a row with only 25 pitches, 18 for strikes. It looks like Beckett is starting from where he left off last year. Given the Schillng situation, we need our Ace to be dominant. Sure it was only BC, but you have to like how he pitched, and more importantly, you have to like his attitude.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP