Thursday, February 14, 2008

Get Ready For a Controversy....Tito Says CF Belongs To Coco

Terry Francona talked about Coco and center field today and said the following:

"I just think, coming into camp, we're not going to forget as an organization that he's(Coco) the incumbent. We also understand, Ellsbury, what he can do. Again, I'm probably going to remind people from time to time what Coco has done for us, and I won't lose sight of that. We'll see how this shakes out."

The way I read this is that CF is Coco's to lose and Jacoby will have his work cut out for him. They may have to revive www.startjacoby.com. This could be a big issue if they both have an average spring. I really think they are going to give Coco the starting job to increase his trade value during the spring and trade him at the deadline. It might be tough to see Jacoby start the season riding pine but it might be best for the club in the long run.

2 comments:

Jere February 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

This is what I thought would happen. From my November 23rd post:

"I'm still wondering what we're gonna do about center field. People are acting like the lineup is set. But there's clearly a decision to be made. You know what I hope happens? In my perfect little world? That Coco and Jacoby battle it out in spring training. The winner starts, and the loser takes his place as one of the best back-up outfielders in the league and does it happily."

Matt February 15, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

the last part of your post is what I am worried about....how long can Coco stay happy on the bench? (if he is even on the bench)

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP