Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lowell Leaves Game with Thumb Injury

The bad news: Lowell had to leave tonight game against the Tigers after spraining his thumb.

The good news: X-Rays were negative and he is currently considered day-to-day.

Update 1: The North Andover Eagle Tribune has more on Lowell's injury:

"I went into a little half-dive and rolled over my thumb," Lowell said. "I felt my hand separate and it hurt right away. I wanted to see if I could play through it and let adrenaline take over, but it was really bothering me. I can't really move it."

"For him to leave the game, you know he's hurting," said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "We put him in a splint to try to calm it down. I think the best thing we can do is see how he shows up tomorrow and how he feels. We all know a lot depends on tomorrow."

Lowell said, "I would not want to go on the (disabled list) so I'm hoping for the best."

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP