Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mark Kotsay, A Red Sox OF


Mark Kotsay in Boston. . . . who's to say he's really any better than the current crop of our three out fielders?  Looking at his stats... 282 career BA. . maybe 6-8 average HR's a year. .  I don't know if it makes me drop my cigar in awe. . . Cigar you ask? Yes.  .I had a baby boy Born on Yaz's birthday Friday the 22nd, so join me shall we in a congratulatory smoke for the Sox, Yaz, and my tyke Nolan.  


Ok. now that that's done. . . what to do with Kotsay? is this a cautionary move since JD is out? What bout our need with Pitching, seems Clay will stay in AA for a bit don't it? 

Colon? he the 5th starter? COME ON people we NEED some pitching help..... I love Masterson, and think he's developing into a great player, but we need some relief help maybe a starter, and we go get a CENTER FIELDER? Don't we have the future of the game in CF (and the only one on the team that can play all three outfield positions, in Ellsbury?)

Maybe that's why I'm NOT a GM. but PUHLEASE, what am I missing?

Well, at least we're spanking the Yanks, and will sweep 'em in their last home stand ever, if that aint poetry what is?

I'm out for the day guys, gotta finish this Cigar, 

Oregon Out!


8 comments:

The Bottomline August 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

CONGRATS MATT!

Another member of the Nation is born!

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Uh: I'm not Matt. . but thanks : ) the Name is Dave : )

The Bottomline August 27, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

Doh!

My bad Dave! Well congrats anyway.

Go Sox!

Matt August 27, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

I have to say I am with you on this one Dave, when I saw the Kotsay trade I started thinking why an outfielder? I like another lefty on the bench and it does help if J.D. stays hurt but it is nothing I will be jumping up and down about. Congrats on the kid...from Matt

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Red Sox Sonoma Dave chiming in here: There'll be plenty of room for him when the rosters expand in September. If I'm not mistaken, Theo got him relatively inexpensively, didn't he? With JD having problems, I think Kotsay will be some good bench insurance. This smacks of a 'hired gun' type trade, where I don't expect to see Kotsay around next year.

I'm sure Theo is checking up on any pitching blips on his radar screen. He found Byrd, didn't he? I'm sure if any other pitchers are out there, he knows about 'em.

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

PS~ Congrats to OR Dave! I have a daughter who doesn't give a rat's ass about baseball. Oh well, she still my daughter and I still love her. Enjoy every minute of parenthood (bad times as well as good times) b/c it goes by FAST!

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 6:09 PM  

What is it with all the ex-A's: Damon, Canseco, Kielty, Payton, and now Kotsay. Too bad Theo couldn't get a hold of Ziegler, but just say no to Kendall.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP