Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lugo is This Year's Coco

Last year it was Elsbury and Crisp for the CF spot, this season we have Lowrie and Lugo. Coco showed how to deal with the situation as a professional and still contribute when you are called on. Julio Lugo looks like he is going to take the same approach:

“You want to be where people want you … Nobody’s going to be happy on the bench. I’m not going to be happy,” said Lugo. “I don’t worry about that. I just come here, do what I do, play baseball the best I can. I can’t make those decisions. They know what they’re going to get from me. It’s not my first rodeo.”

Lugo declined to answer whether he would request a trade if he were not the starter, though his non-answer was revealing enough.

“We’re going to have to see, we’re going to have to wait to see what happens,” said Lugo. “We’re going to see at the end of (spring training).”

The competition should make Lugo raise his game and I think he still has a good chance to be the opening day starting shortstop.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP