Thursday, March 26, 2009

Has Buchholz Won a Spot in the Rotation?

I was one of those screaming for Buchholz to be sent down last season; constantly arguing that he was not ready. Well, I am now a believer that he is ready and should be in the rotation. Yesterday he went 6 innings with no earned runs and only gave up three hits. His ERA this spring is .046

"I've had a good spring," Buchholz said. "I know they have their eye on someone else, but even if I'm at Pawtucket, I'm still pitching and I'm a phone call away."

You know that Beckett, Lester, and Dice-K are in the rotation with Wake likely to be the number 4 guy. Penny has the experience and Smoltz will be good once he returns but they have to go with the guy who is hot right now or there is still the option of a 6 man rotation. It is nice to have problems like this one.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 27, 2009 at 5:31 AM  

Bucky is having such a great spring, it's sad to know that he will be in AAA come April.

But I suspect we will see him more than once before September.

I just hope we don't see too much of him, cause that will mean one of the studs went down or Wake's knucklah finally stopped shaking.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP