Sunday, March 23, 2008

Beckett On DL To Start The Season?

Josh Beckett pitched 2 innings in an intrasquad game in Florida today without any problems. However, 2 AAA intrasquad innings are a far cry from a major league start. When asked if he might be on the DL when the Sox return to the U.S. he responded by saying:
"Absolutely, I think that's possible, I think that's been a possibility the whole time. I don't know. I think that's kind of what everybody was preparing for. ... There's just no sense in going out there and trying to kill yourself to get back to that April 1 start when really you've only thrown seven innings. I probably need 14 more innings down here, and then I'll be prepared."
It is beginning to sound like a mid April return for Beckett at this point, home opener perhaps?

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP