Monday, March 24, 2008

Draft Day

There are few days that are as much fun as draft day for fantasy baseball. I must admit that I suck at fantasy baseball; I think this is due to the fact that I never truly embrace what it takes to win. I do not draft players I do not like no matter how good they are. You could give me the first 10 picks of the draft and A-Rod would not end up on my team. The fun of fantasy baseball is rooting for your guys in games you did not care about before, therefore, no Yankees will ever be on my roster. In our league there is also the Mets curse; once a Mets player ends up on your roster you will not win the championship, which always seems to prove true. When my catcher was injured last season I picked up Paul Lo Duca off of waivers, my team went from second to 7th in three weeks before I dropped him. With a few Sox fans in my league Papi and Beckett and even Jacoby will go early. Being in the Bay Area, I usually draft at least one member of the A's and Giants so I have something to care about when I go to one of their games but it looks like both teams are going to be bad this year. Quick, name 3 players on the A's or Giants...not that easy. There should be plenty of them around in the later rounds. Feel free to leave any advice to keep me from finishing in the usual 5th place.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP