Saturday, March 8, 2008

Coco Says Jacoby Is Not Ready

Coco Crisp is starting to feel more pressure with each day he misses. He was out again today and most likely will not be back in the lineup until Monday. Jacoby started out slow this spring and his average is still south of the Mendoza Line, but he is showing signs of breaking out of the slump with a 3-5 effort today including his first home run. When asked about the competition by mlb.com Coco had this to say about Ellsbury:
"So as far as the competition thing, Ellsbury's a solid player. He just needs a little bit more time to get ... established in the big leagues. In order to do that, you need more time in there ... to get used to the pitchers and things like that, in order to be a good ballplayer. I already did some good things in the big leagues. The last couple of years, I had some down seasons, and a lot of people got on me, but I could care less to be honest. ... I feel like if I was healthy ... I'd have been fine."
Coco...you were healthy for a good portion of the last 2 years and you did not get it done and seeing that you are injured again just how long does Boston have to wait until you are the player you think you are? It's been 2+ years and we are still waiting.I would rather have an inexperienced Ellsbury as the center fielder than an perpetually hurt Coco.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP