Thursday, June 19, 2008

SI Poll of MLB Players Names Jeter As Most Overrated


Derek Jeter won the honors of being the most overrated player in the majors by a poll of 495 MLB players. Jeter was the leading vote getter of the Sports Illustrated poll, A-Rod got third, tied with J.D. Drew. (the vote took place before his recent hot streak) Earlier this year Jeter also won the honor of being the worst defensive shortstop. Jeter responded to the news by saying:

"I don’t want to hear about it. I don’t want to talk about it. All negative stuff I don’t want to talk about.”

7 comments:

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 12:01 PM  

maybe jeter and lugo should swap short?

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

Jeter may be overrated but Lugo is still the most overpaid... Worst signing in Theo's career?

Matt June 19, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

I can never dis Lugo because he threw a World Series Champ hat to my brother after game 4 and he threw me a ball in Oakland this year. He is overpaid and not a good fielder but the Sox could do much worse...they could have Jeter at short.

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

I just can't over the fact that we passed on re-signing O-Cab and A-Gon because.... why? They wanted too much money? But we overpay for Rent-a-Wreck and Lugo?!?!?

Not re-signing those 2, and signing the other 2 = 4 screwups at shortstop in 4 years.

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

yeah, something tells me we did ok with Lugo last year.

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Jeter & Lugo swap shorts?
Maybe Jeter should swap his shorts for The Giambikini Thong!

Anonymous,  June 19, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

We did "ok" last year in SPITE of Lugo, which is the entire point.

Look, I don't dislike the guy and I don't think he's terrible at his position either, but the fact remains that we could have a much better shortstop.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP