Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ANGEL FAN?

First, I would like to thank Matt for inviting me to post. Thank you.
I will be attending the game on Friday and will post my on site comments/pictures as soon as I get home.

Next, since you brought up Angel fan, I feel like I should chime in because I have been out here in California going to games since 1995. Angel fan didn’t exist until September of 2002 (OK, for those six season ticket holders, I’m sorry if I offended you). I went in July of 2002 to 2 of the 3 games vs the SOX and there were MORE SOX fans than Angels fans. Attendance was 27K-32K of 43K+. They were a game out of first at the time. Are you kidding me? It wasn’t until September that they started selling out games because they were in the lead for the wild card.

Finally, DO NOT GET ME STARTED on the Rally Monkey! HINT: If you put that rabid monkey on the screen EVERY time you are losing in the 7th inning or later, eventually, it will work.

8 comments:

Matt September 30, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

kinda sounds like Rays fans

Rooster October 1, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

Sort of sounds like Rays fans. But, better. Rays fans never have really shown up much even up until now, have they? Curious how the Rays fans act in the playoffs?

victor October 1, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
victor October 1, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

funny you mention that. Because until 2004 the only people i saw wearing Red Sox Hats were 70 year old retirees and the guy mowing my lawn who, quite frankly, just needs a hat to wear. Red Sox fan is not really in a position to chide any other fans for being bandwagoners.

SANTEESOXFAN October 1, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Victor, Victor, Victor.....
First off, I'll give you that there are a TON of bandwagon fans all over the States, that is what happens when you win, and win consistently. Notice that there are fewer and fewer NYY hats every year? POINT TAKEN!

However, denile isn't just a river in Africa. My friend, did you miss the part of my post that mentioned that there were MORE SOX fans than Angels fans. Come on, look at the attendance figures, they don't lie. You need to remember that we (Red Sox fans), relocated at alarming rates because MA is only so big and the weather sucks. We however, do not start rooting for the "home team", we remain true to our roots.

David MySky October 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

Hey Larry!

Welcome aboard the good ship Fenway West!

dave

David MySky October 2, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

There'e always an argument going on over 'bandwagoners' over at Sawxheads.com. One good thing about bandwagoners is that they go out and buy a ton of Red Sox merchandise (pumping money into the Red Sox coffers) and then get rid of the stuff at their next yard sale! I just bought a Sox 2007 WS shirt at the Goodwill for a buck-99!

SANTEESOXFAN October 2, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Great, I paid $20 for mine.
I'm with you on the bandwagon fans and their money fueling our team, but I just get a bit irked when someone questions my fanhood (is that a word?). In the end, it is just jealously over the attention that RSN gets, and the invasion of opposing cities when the SOX are in town.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP