Sunday, November 30, 2008

Would D-Lowe Be a Good Fit for the Red Sox Rotation?

Derek Lowe wants back in; not because he loves the Red Sox so much, but because he wants to be on a winning franchise. You can't blame him for not having undying love for the team since they did not re-sign him after his last contract ran out. But much has changed since he left Boston:

"I think I'm a lot better pitcher now, teammate now, than I was four years ago," he said. "Sometimes you have to learn, and I think getting out of Boston was the best thing for me. I was able to sit back and analyze what's going on. What's good, what's bad. And I think hopefully that's what happened. Sometimes you need a dose of reality as to why a team didn't want to keep you around. You have to be honest with yourself, and once you do that, it's all right to say I may have made some mistakes in my time there, as long as you can change them and understand them. And I think that's what has happened the last four years."

Would Lowe be a good fit? The Sox have Beckett, Lester, Dice-K, Wake, and ? in the rotation. The 5th guy could be Buchholz but I would rather have Lowe in there. It could be Masterson but how nice would it be to afford to keep him in the pen? There are some that think you can't go home again, but I think Lowe would be a good fit. A sinkerball pitcher at Fenway is always nice and if the Red Sox could sign him for a 3 year deal he could be the key to getting another championship. With Lowe on the team the Red Sox can use Buchholz as a spot starter without the huge pressure that undermined him last season.


1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 30, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

The real question is:

Has Lowe stopped drinking?

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP