Sunday, November 30, 2008

Out and About Today (Yankee Fans Everywhere! Aaagghh!!)

I was out and about town today with my Sox hat on, making a couple of quick stops. At the pharmacy, I got in line behind a guy wearing a NY hat. He looked at me and said something to the effect of, "Uh-oh! Red Sox!" I didn't sense that he was about turn mean or nasty, but just didn't know what to say. I engaged him in some conversation, told him about the Yankee fan bartender that served Matt and I at the ASG last summer and how straight up he was. I told him about my father being a Yankee fan, and that I wrote for this blog. We spoke of Sabathia, Teixeira, and the Steinbrenner's (Yankee fans can't stand them, either!) I also told him that I have written on more than one occasion that not all Yankee fans are scumbags, to which he enjoyed a little chuckle.
Next up, some guy on craigslist posted that he was selling some percussion equipment in the Target parking lot. Sounded sketchy, but since it was right here in town, and I was out anyhow, I decided to stop by and see what wares he had for sale. (No cowbells, though.) Pretty much the same discussion happened with him, too.
OK, so it's winter and there's not a whole lot going on right now as we wait for more Hot Stove news. Just thought I'd try and promote some goodwill between Red Sox and Yankee fans. It's not the Yankees that we can't stand (as long as they finish behind the Sox), it's the Steinbrenner's! Even the Yankee fans say so!

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP