Sunday, December 21, 2008

Angels Give Up Hope for Teixeira

The Angels have withdrawn their offer to Mark Teixeira according to the LA Times:

Boras is reportedly seeking an eight-year deal for at least $180 million, and a source familiar with the Angels' thinking maintained all last week that owner Arte Moreno had no plans to sweeten the deal.

"Arte is sticking to his guns on this one," the source said.

That leaves the Red Sox (no matter what John Henry said) the Nats, and the O's in the bidding. The O's don't look like they will offer as much as the Nats. The Red Sox may get a better price for Teixeira than Boras was looking for as the competition drops out.

UPDATE: Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports says the Red Sox have had no contact with Boras since John Henry's email saying they were out.

3 comments:

Da Old Man December 21, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

When the Yanks are quiet, the means one of 2 things--either they are not interested, or are waiting to swoop in at the last minute. BTW, the Yankees do not have a first baseman.

Fenway West December 22, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

They did come in late on Damon so they could jump on this. Cashman may have played this one well.

Tom,  December 22, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

The Yankees traded for Nick Swisher so they do have a ptential first baseman. That of course does not mean they won't swoop in to get $asheira.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP