Friday, March 6, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes

One year ago Josh Beckett came up with a strange injury that seemed to dog him all year long. In his third start of spring he has shown that the injuries are behind him and he is ready to regain the spot as the ace of the Red Sox staff. Beckett spoke with reporters after the game:

"I felt good today," said Beckett. "When you go into those games, I think sometimes, especially in the first inning, it's always been a problem for me whenever I have a lot of energy. I have to kind of harness it and remember the things I need to do on those days. One of those things I try to remember is that less is more.

"It's going to be easier to locate the ball if maybe I don't try as hard. Sometimes that's one of the tough things for me, because I do consider myself a max-effort guy. There's not a whole lot of pitches I've ever thrown that I went 80 percent at."


Beckett pitched three scoreless innings giving up three hits in today's win against the Marlins.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP