Friday, September 11, 2009

Matt Damon: Yanks Will Fold Like a Cheap Suit


Avid Red Sox fan Matt Damon spoke for the rest of Red Sox Nation on  SIRIUS XM’s Mad Dog Radio channel today.




Williams: “Meanwhile, your Red Sox, they’re only about 19 games back of the Yankees.  Do they have anything for them in October?”

Damon: “Yeah, of course, man.  October comes and everybody is 0-0.  All we need to do is back into the wild card and we’re fine.  We’re fine.  Listen, New York, they’re going to collapse.  They’re still, I mean, nobody on that team has won a World Series in...  I mean, Jeter has but the rest of them…”

Williams: “Posada has, Pettitte has…”

Damon: “Nine years ago these guys won the World Series.  They got so smoked by the Red Sox in ’04, I mean, I’m telling you, man.  They’ve got the yips.  They’re going to fold like a cheap suit.  You watch, man.  You watch.  If we make it into the playoffs, man, we’re taking them down.”

You can listen to the clip below:

2 comments:

Jamie September 11, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Yay - thanks for posting! I just love him. And nice to hear him "live" on the radio after that STUPID rumor the other day!!

Schruender September 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

I once ran next to Matt Damon during a road race. I like to think of it as my moment in the spotlight. Other than Stuck on You he's never been in a bad movie. And he's been in a lot of movies.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP