Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lester is Already at Camp

With an abundance of pitching on the Red Sox, John Lester is not taking any chances. He has arrived in Ft. Myers early to begin throwing and told mlb.com: "I had a full offseason this year to work out and didn't have any [chemotherapy] drugs going through me, I feel good. I just put on a little weight -- I'm about 225 now. Hopefully, I can maintain it and not lose it the first week I'm down here in the sun. Maybe [I'll] be a little stronger for the long haul this year." Lester is not an automatic for a spot in the rotation and will most likely have to compete with Clay Buchholz to become one of the starters. There is still a chance Boston will go with a 6 man rotation keeping both Lester and Buchholz as starters.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP