Friday, April 10, 2009

My First Experience With StubHub...It Finally Ends Well

I recently bit the bullet and overpaid for some Red Sox tickets on StubHub. I paid for box seats and was sent some grandstand seats. I called up their customer service and waited for 12 minutes to talk to a person. The rep told me I had to fax or scan a copy of the tickets to confirm they were the wrong ones before they could move forward. After doing that they did admit the tickets were not the ones I ordered and they emailed me a FedEx label to send the tickets back to the seller. They assured me that a representative would contact me shortly to get me equal or better seats or refund my money. A day went by without any contact. I emailed them and was given this response:


Once FedEx scans the package into their tracking system, a StubHub representative will be contacting you about alternate tickets to this event.

Thank you

Lou Tsounis
StubHub Customer Service Representative

Weekdays 5:00AM - 8:00PM (PST)
Weekends 5:00AM - 8:00PM (PST)

866-STUBHUB (866) 788-2482


The tracking showed a confirmed delivery to the seller a day ago and I still have had no contact from StubHub. I emailed the customer service rep again with no reply. I then called StubHub and was put on hold for over 20 minutes without an operator answering until my cellphone battery died. They now have my money and I have nothing, time to go through my credit card to get my cash back. I now give them this nice little bit of free publicity letting others know of their customer service so they can avoid using them at all costs.

UPDATE: After they finally sent me an email saying to call them and sitting on hold for 40 more minutes they said they would be sending me tickets similar to the ones I ordered and they would be sending me an email confirmation. No email conformation yet. I'll let you know if the tickets arrive.

UPDATE II: They say they are sending Loge seats...we'll see.

UPDATE III: I have received my tickets...better than what I paid for...don't know if it was worth the hassle but it worked out in the end.


1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

My name is Jennifer Norberg and I'm the Sr. Supervisor of StubHub Executive Customer Care. I read this post and would like to sincerely apologize for your StubHub experience.

As we are a secondary ticket marketplace that owns no inventory of our own, we do require and rely on the individual sellers interacting through our marketplace to fulfill their ticket orders exactly as listed. In the unlikely situation that there is a discrepancy, we have the Fan Protect in place to assist our buyers.

For more information about our Fan Protect Guarantee:

http://www.stubhub.com/fanprotect/

While I regret that we were not able to resolve your situation in a timely a manner as you would have liked, I am happy to hear that the situation was resolved and that you got tickets better than what was purchased. In the end, we certainly apologize for the inconvenience and only hope that you enjoy the new seats and have a great time at the game.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, or feedback to provide regarding your StubHub experience, you are welcome to contact me. I can be reached via email at JNorberg@StubHub.com.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP