Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bud Reacts to the Manny Voting

Only Bud Selig could find a way to come up with an answer as bad as this:


"I'm going to think about that," Selig said. "He doesn't come back till July 3. Normally, I'm sensitive to the wishes of the fans. If the fans choose someone, I'd like to honor that. But we've been testing players for a long time, and it bothers me that someone would [cheat] at this stage in the game. I've got some time to think about this one."
He manages to discount the fans by saying I'd like to honor the fans but.... He also shows how clueless he is by saying "it bothers me that someone would cheat at this stage in the game. " Does Selig really believe that the game is clean now and that Manny was just an anomaly? Removing Manny from the All-Star Game would have to be a punishment that was negotiated with the MLBPA. So no matter how long Bud thinks this one over, if Manny is voted in he is going to play. (Unless his grandmother dies again.)

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP