Sunday, May 24, 2009

KRod sent to the hospital

Met's closer Fransisco Rodriguez was taken to the hospital yesterday with severe back spasms. I heard about almost immediately after the game on Twitter. News was just breaking. It went from he is seeking medical attention to he just collapsed to they are putting him on a stretcher and he is crying uncontrollably with the EMTs.

I was shocked to hear this. I often curse K-Rod mainly because he is so crazy good. I knew we would lose Game 1 since there is no way we were getting 2 runs off way.

Here is a blog from the NY Post about what happened with K-Rod yesterday.

"I've never been through the type of pain I'm having right now," Rodriguez said. "It's a struggle even to walk."...

"They came out of nowhere," he said. "I was getting my running in and I stopped because my back locked up. I came in to get some treatment and some adjustment, but it made it a lot worse. I couldn't even move for an hour. It's been a really tough day."

For today, it has been reported he is out of the hospital and has reported to Fenway Park. He walked in on his own and did not need to be transported by a wheelchair. I wish nothing but health and a quick recovery to K-Rod. I never like hearing anyone is hurt and to be honest, I've always had a fondness for the guy. I can't imagine how scared the guy had to be. This came on so quickly and he had to have no idea what was going on.


Matt O'Donnell May 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

I hope the Mets don't need him today because they are down by 12 runs in the 9th and then he goes back to getting saves and helping my fantasy team.

dave,  May 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Reading the description of the pain that inexplicably came out of nowhere reminded me of the time my knee locked up at work. It had locked up many times before, but I had always been able to unlock it within a few seconds, but not this day. I was in sheer fn agony! I had to go to the ER. Shot of Demerol and something else finally loosened it up. Turns out my cartilage was way more extensive than previously thought. Knee surgery came next putting me at home watching TV for 6 weeks starting in October of 2004.

Matt O'Donnell May 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

October of 2004 was a good time to be watching TV.


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP