Monday, June 9, 2008

Lester Calls Out Bob Watson

Jon Lester is not happy with his suspension and let his feelings known about Bob Watson the VP of MLB that handed out the penalties last week. Lester told the Herald the following:

“(Watson) said, ‘You hit Crawford with a curveball and guys are hitting guys with curveballs now.’ It’s stupid,” Lester said. “They have no idea. (Watson) didn’t watch the video. He doesn’t have a feel for the game. He doesn’t understand baseball....It really is B.S. that I got suspended and Shields, the guy that hit somebody, only gets one more game than me,” Lester said. “I didn’t throw any punches, and didn’t hit anybody on purpose. You have to talk to them and find out why.”

You may remember that Bob Watson is the guy that pissed off Terry Francona last August when he made him show his uniform top during a game against the Yankees, here's a flashback,

"I've never seen anything like that before in my life," he said. "Middle of the game you've got the fashion police. This is incredible. He made me show him [the jersey]. I was sort of in a hurry because I thought Jeter was going to steal third. I was trying to do my job...I didn't ask to appeal. I think the cursing I did to the guy going up the tunnel was probably appeal enough."

Watson, the former GM of the Yankees, is also responsible for the new "Francona Rule."

1 comments:

Rooster June 9, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

When I first heard that Lester got a suspension, I could not believe it! I thought that maybe they did not want it to look too lopsided with all the Rays' players being suspended. But, to say that he hit Crawford with a curveball, and that is why he is suspended is retarted!

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP