Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Good News on Ortiz

Big Papi took live BP yesterday and everything went well. Here's what he told the ProJo:

“I feel good,” Ortiz said following the BP session. “My first day swinging out there and it was feeling good. I feel like I’m getting back to normal. I want to go back and play. When you don’t play it kills you. Injuries are better when you take your time because if you rush sometimes it’s not worth it.... “I was trying to swing the bat normally,” he said. “I wanted to swing hard to make sure I don’t feel anything. It was fine.”
There have been rumors about the Sox trying to get Teixeira or even Millar in case Ortiz did not make a recovery but now it looks like he will be able to rejoin the team after the break.

2 comments:

Anja July 8, 2008 at 5:36 PM  

YAY!

(turning cartwheels)

Matt July 8, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

it will be nice to have the 1-2 punch back in the middle of the order

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP