Saturday, July 19, 2008

Manny's Disaster in Left

This play from last night's game may make Manny's quest for a Gold Glove a little more difficult.



Clubhouse Insider has this on Manny's effort:

a.) Ramirez thought the ball was a grenade and was trying to do the noble thing;
b.) Manny was trying to hide the ball in his pillows;
c.) he was recovering a fumble;
d.) he was trying to sit on the puck.

Or, perhaps, none of the above.

“I felt like I was swimming in swamp,” Ramirez said.

Looked like it, too.

Added the slugger: “I think I made the bloopers for life.”

Actually, that happened a long time ago.

4 comments:

Peter N July 19, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

On second (and third) look, boy, did he overrun the ball. It was a flat out miss! Thanks!

Anonymous,  July 19, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Ugh... the YES network will be replaying that one for weeks. We won't hear the end of it from Yankee fans. -_-

“I felt like I was swimming in swamp”

“I think I made the bloopers for life.”

Well, at least he's honest and can have a laugh at his own expense, lol ^_^

Oh and btw, you just...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24gNRVZqJIs

Anonymous,  July 19, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

talk about fubar! manny! yeesh!

Anonymous,  July 19, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Looks like he slipped just before he was about to catch the ball, and then slipped again going back to get the ball. That 2nd slip is what caused the real funny part of the blooper. At least he kept the ball from scootin' all the way back to the wall. Held him to a single? (I didn't see the game.)

I wonder what caused him to slip.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP