Saturday, July 19, 2008

Old Man Rant

It's official, I'm old and here's why: I hate that young players don't bend the bill of their hats, I don't know why I am upset by this but I am. It could be that they are breaking the unwritten rule that you don't showboat or do anything that says "look at me" in baseball. (Unless you are Manny, for some reason it's OK when he does it.) I think it all started with the slightly sideways hats by guys like C.C. Sabathia or Mark Bellhorn and has now evolved into the flat hats. Sox youngsters are guilty of it; look at Masterson or Lowrie. In reality there is nothing wrong if a player doesn't want a perfectly rounded bill of his cap, I need to get over my dislike of the flat bill before I become the "back in my day" guy that everyone hates.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

kids these days, i tell ya. i'm surprised we don't see there pants around there knees like in da hood.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP