Tuesday, October 21, 2008

One Last Rip on the Rays

I don't have a problem with the Rays as a team although I do have a problem with most of their "fans" and I really have a problem with their ballpark. To show how unprepared for the national stage Tampa Bay is, take a look at their choice for the singers of the National Anthem for Game 1 of the World Series: The Backstreet Boys. The country is already trying to find a reason to watch and this won't help. I think I might be more up for a TBS blooper rerun than to see McCarver and Buck's intro to Game 1 followed by the Backstreet Boys in cowbell central.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  October 21, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

The problem is that you can send the Rays to the World Series, but they still come from Florida. Have you been to Florida lately? It is the land of Seinfeld's parents, complete with mile after mile of strip malls and the brain dead. I am an A.L. fan, but please let the Phillies win this thing.

Matt October 22, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

What's wrong with Del Boca Vista?

Anonymous,  October 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

I'm with Paul...

Fuck Florida.

Go Phillies!

Anonymous,  October 22, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Florida could use about 4 Katrina's, like the Sox 4 B2B2B2B HR's. The place has gone from a gorgeous, swampy, wilderness to strip mall heaven and poster child for everything tacky. Can you picture (no, I can't) the WS champs having an oversized yurt for their home field?!

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP