Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tee Up With Big Papi

David and Tiffany Ortiz are hosting a celebrity golf tournament next month in the Dominican Republic to benefit the David Ortiz Children's Fund. Ortiz told Ian Browne at redsox.com why he is holding the tourney:

"I wasn't born having what I've got right now," Ortiz said in an interview at Fenway Park. "I know how bad people struggle sometimes, needing things that maybe they can never ever get unless somebody like myself or any other athlete puts it together and helps them out. That's one of the things that I always think about every day. If I can help people out that way, I will. Sometimes you have to sacrifice to do it, but it's worth it. It's really worth it."

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP