Thursday, January 1, 2009

MLB Network Arrives Today...Do You Care?

I have mixed feelings about the MLB Network; while I can never get enough baseball, it seems that Bud Selig and Co. seem to find a way to screw things up whenever possible. In theory the MLB Network should be great; they could show spring training games from Florida and Arizona, complete coverage of the WBC and have great player interviews. However, I am worried they are going to become to "Fox Like" in their coverage and focus on show over substance. For example, MLB.com is liveblogging the release of MLB network, look and some of the things they are blogging about today:

9:30 a.m.: Seal is on "Regis & Kelly" right now, singing his cover of Sam Cooke's classic "A Change Is Gonna Come." It is on Seal's new CD, and upon finishing the singer tells the show hosts: "I was listening to that song recently and realized that it is even more profound now than it was when Sam Cooke recorded it." Indeed. It's 2009. A Change Is Gonna Come. Just ask everyone around you today.....USC vs. Penn State in the Rose Bowl. It starts at 2 p.m. ET, No. 5 against No. 6. That is what matters in the meantime while waiting for the MLB Network. It will be a New Year's Day to remember. The "Hot Stove" show will greet everyone at 6 p.m., and at 7 is Larsen. You have to be there by 5:59 p.m. because you don't want to miss the first pitch. In the meantime, my remote needs some new batteries; better get them now.



I think I'll watch football today.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  January 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

It's supposed to be 'free', but here it's on ch 412, but I have to pay extra to get those channels.

Boo.

Unknown January 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

I heard that is was going to be on basic cable but when I called yesterday they said that it was on digital preferred.(comcast)
I am looking forward to it though.

Matt January 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

I am glad they have Harold Reynolds and think some of the shows might be good. I have comcast too, extra cash for the network is not cool.

Dick Stone January 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

the good thing about the network is that MLB consulted with the same consulting company that the NFL used when launching the NFL Network, so there is some hope there

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP