Friday, August 14, 2009

Jerry Remy Talks About His Depression

The RemDawg spoke with the Globe last night about the depression he has been suffering from this season.:

“You didn’t want to get out of bed. The first thing you thought when you woke up was ‘another lousy day is ahead of me.’ I had no desire to do anything. I was a guy who always took pride in being there every day, whether I was sick or not. I couldn’t answer the bell that one night. I really think that’s what triggered it....I’m not embarrassed to say so, people go through it all the time. It’s probably best to tell the truth, and that’s what I did. And if it helps people, that’s good, too.’’


Remy has said that doctors have adjusted his medication and have him on the right track. He showed a great deal of courage coming forward with this information and his presence in the booth this week was a large step in his recovery. The best part of this news is that it ends speculation that Remy's cancer had gotten worse.

1 comments:

dave,  August 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

I know exactly what he's talking about.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP