Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Make or Break Time

After yesterday's off day the Red Sox are now ready to begin a tough stretch that will determine if they will be playing golf or baseball when the regular season ends. They will play 22 games in a row against the Jays, Yankees, White Sox, Rays and O's before the next off day. 12 of those games will be at home. With V-Mart and Alex Gonzalez, Tito will use a variety of lineups to get players some rest and we should see Wake at some time during this stretch. Hold on because it's gonna be a bumpy ride but hopefully the Red Sox will be in the playoff hunt when it is over.

3 comments:

redsoxnation80 August 18, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

I still don't like the LaRoche deal, i feel he would've been better for us this year, I'm not sold on Kotchman, this weekend will make or break or division title hopes, we need to sweep the Yankees.

Matt August 18, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

With Brad Penny starting on Friday that is going to be a hard thing to accomplish.

Shelley August 19, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

I'd be more worried about the scheduled Tazawa start than I would be about the B Penny one. Just sayin....

I'd rather have a guy with high pressure post season experience than a rookie who has good stuff, but probably should still be pitching in AAA or AA.

I still don't get what Bowden isn't up and pitching...instead of Taz. I like Taz, but I don't think he is the best we can put out there right now. IMO.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP