Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pedroia Talks About Distractions

Dustin Pedroia became a dad yesterday. He spoke with Rob Bradford of WEEI.com about some of the distractions he has had this season.

“I wasn’t really worried about baseball,” he said. “I was worried about my wife and my baby. That’s the biggest thing. We’ve just had to deal with it day to day. I’ve just been trying to come out here every day and help us win, and then go home and take care of her....It’s been kind of a weird year. After last year, I had such a great year, and then there were all the expectations. My biggest goal this year was to be consistent. That’s all you can do as an everyday player. That’s all I’ve been focusing on, being consistent. The stuff with my wife happened and it doesn’t take away from what I’m trying to do. Obviously, that’s more important than this. But I still have a job to do.”


Pedroia will be back with the team tonight in Toronto.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP