Sunday, August 16, 2009

David Ortiz Fails at Blogging

David Ortiz's blog has a grand total of 2 posts, the last one was on July 8th. When he started his blog he wrote the following on his reason for creating it:


because I've got a whole bunch of stuff going on off the field, and I think this would be a great way for the fans to connect with me directly rather than just going somewhere else that's not focused on what I want to do....Fans can also hear what's on my mind when it comes to myself, the team and what might be going on around the league.

The blog would have been a great way for Big Papi to communicate with his fans about having to move down in the lineup or the PED accusations but it has gone silent. If Ortiz wants to get fans back in his corner he can't just be there in the good times. He had no problem talking about his hot sauce or his new restuarant, it would be nice if he could now share some recent baseball related new.


2 comments:

Shelley August 17, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

I would love to have Papi blog more. I loved when Masty blogged from Comcast's website. It was really cool to get his take on what was going on. Other people I'd love to see blogging...but I imagine hell would freeze over first...Pedey, Beckett, Pap. Can not imagine the hilariousness that would bring.

What I would not expect Papi to do is blog about the PED issue. It's not the kind of issue where you just wanna spout off at the mouth (which is mainly what blogs are for). I imagine the most we are going to hear is from official press conferences and statements. Which BTW...I am anxiously awaiting the one where Papi is actually told what he tested positive for (if he did at all), etc.

Matt August 17, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Youk was entertaining during the trip to Japan last year too.

A Beckett blog would be good but Pedey's would be the best.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP