Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Met Pedey Photo Edition 9/29/09

Hey all! So, Fenway West was lucky enough to get an invite to the Dunkin Donuts Perks Most Valuable Tour with Dustin Pedroia. Matt lives all the way in California, so he awesomely offered the opportunity to attend and blog about the event to me. Thanks Matt! I have a whole story...I will share it soon. But first...here is a quick photo post of the event.

I arrived at Fenway at 10am after battling some pretty hairy traffic. I actually ran from my car to the meet up spot with Jayne, who was my Fenway date.


Photobucket
This sign all for us and our event! Whoo hoo!

Photobucket
Me and the DD Perk Sign! I know. I'm a dork!


First thing we did....was head to the BATTING CAGES!!!!!

Photobucket

See. Actual batting cages. The sign is proof!


Photobucket
Here is my batting stance. Trying to look all bad ass.

Photobucket
Here is my trying to reach down and get a low pitch. I don't believe I was successful! LOL. In fact, I hit 3 balls...fouled them off. It was not the best hitting, but well...as I stated to the group, I haven't played baseball since 3rd grade. But...you only live once and if you get the chance to bat in the Fenway batting cages...you take that chance!

Photobucket
Here is Jayne batting. She hit all 10 balls thrown to her. She is a rock star.

Next we took a tour of Fenway Park.

Photobucket
Green Monster. Me. Awesome. Sauce.

Photobucket
Me. Going INTO the Green Monster. I was SO psyched to hear we could go inside. I've always dreamed of walking around in there. DREAM COME TRUE!!!!

Photobucket
Inside the Monster. I could have taken a million different pictures. I wish I had hours to just read everything. A cute little kid asked where the bathroom was that Manny used. I had to break it to him that there is in fact...no bathroom in the Monster. LOL.


Photobucket
Numbers inside the Monster. Pretty gosh darn cool. I don't care how hot or cold it gets in there...I would SO do that job for free.

Photobucket
On the way back to the stands...Jayne and I sneaked away to the dugout and took a quick pic. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to go inside the dugout, but I wanted to not get kicked out more.

Photobucket
Here is my shoe....covered in the clay from the field. Swoons.


Photobucket
Next...we went up on top of the Monster. I've never been up there before....so...I was a happy camper. I'll see a game from there....SOMEDAY.


Photobucket
Last part of the tour was going through the Press Box. Here is where Don Orsillo lives...and Jerry...and Eck...and Dave....and sometimes someone who I want to be my BFF...Sean Casey.


Photobucket
Here is a pic of the Press Box. I was sitting in front of a spot reserved for the Boston Globe.


Photobucket
Pic of the dugout from the press box.


And oh yeah....Dustin Pedroia was coming to do a Q&A and fan Meet & Greet. Did I forget that??

Photobucket
Dustin arrives. Shelley is happy.


Photobucket
Dustin answering fan questions while looking adorable. (Trust me...I'll have more on this later.)


Photobucket
Dustin laughing. Continuing to look adorable.


Photobucket
Jayne asking her question...and part two was, "Can I have a hug." Dustin of course said yes!


Photobucket
It's a little dark....but it is a pic of Dustin waiting to get his pic taken with someone.


and......the last pic is the picture of Dustin and Shelley. Oh yeah and the World Series Trophies. I touched both the trophies and Dustin. Swoons.

Photobucket

Some people were standing next to the trophies...maybe to even out the pic. Not me, I came up and said, "I'm standing on this side...so I can touch you." Pedey smiled and said, "Come on over." Took the pic. I shook his hand...told him I was a NYer, but loyal Sox fan...and was on my way.

Great day. GREAT GREAT DAY.

Next entry...will be more words...less photos of this GREAT DAY!!!

Once again...thanks Matt for the opportunity!!!

11 comments:

Schruender September 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

Wow. Times like that where I'm sure someone wishes it was Fenway East.

Anonymous,  September 29, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

SO FREAKIN' COOL!!!

Anonymous,  September 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

This is great -- thanks for sharing the day with us!

ecl1958 from CF

Amyc15,  September 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Shelley, What an AWESOME DAY! Chock full of the AWESOMESAUCE!

Matt September 29, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Yeah, Fenway East would have been nice today but I am glad I got to see pictures. I have toured Fenway 5 times and have been in the press box but never in the Green Monster, that looked very cool. Nice job with the photos Shelley.

dave,  September 29, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

I'm jealous! The day me & my bro went to do the tour, they wouldn't allow us to go onto the field, or in or on the Green Monster, nor take photos anywhere. The Stones were setting up their stage, so, no photos, no field or Monster.

David MySky September 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Oh, Shelley! You're just gonna havta find a way to come to the Bay Area next summer. The Sox will make three (3) trips out west; 2 to Oakland, and 1 to San Francisco.

David MySky September 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Furthur more, Pedey's hometown isn't all that far from here, either.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP