Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Karl Ravech takes a shot at the Sox

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the curse of ESPN’s John Kruk that he cast on the yankees last September in Cleveland in a Baseball Tonight commercial. (Remember the flies?)
Well, Karl Ravech takes a shot this past week at Curt Schilling and his ankle surgery in 2004. In the commercial, Schilling empties some sand out of his sock. Ravech, eating fries, ‘accidentally’ drops a catsup packet which lands in the sock. “The ankle looked fine to me’, Ravech says.
I find it somewhat interesting that after the yankees get their turn at the ESPN marketing whipping post, they drag up an incident from almost 4 years ago to take a shot at the Sox. I can hear the phone call in my head that ol’ dumbass Hank could have made to ESPN demanding equal time. I mean, if the man has the cajones to threaten a member of the mob over a t-shirt…

2 comments:

Matt May 13, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

I think Gary Thorne is behind it...remember him saying the bloody sock was a hoax?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/04/26/gary-thorne-claims-schilling-bloody-sock-was-a-hoax/

Anonymous,  May 15, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Yes, Thorne discounted the bloody sock as a hoax, but why would he be the one to prompt ESPN to run an anti-Sox ad? My guess is Hank saw the "Bug Game" ad, got all po'd, and called ESPN demanding equal time. Now I'm curious as to where the marketing department got the idea for the "Bloody Sock" commercial.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP