Monday, August 18, 2008

Clay Needs A Reality Check

Clay Buchholz was happy with yesterday's outing, “It was definitely a confidence booster, my arm felt good, and it feels like I’m moving forward now instead of staying back where I was and, hopefully, there’s good things to come.” In his last 8 starts, Buchholz is 0-6 with an 8.61. Yesterday he gave up a walk, a hit, and a run in one inning of work. That would give Clay an ERA of 9.00 on the day and a WHIP of 2, neither of which is good. Clay has "turned the corner" so much he is spinning in circles. I am glad he will enter his start in Baltimore with confidence, but why do I feel like I have seen this movie before? It does not end well. Now is time for Clay to prove me wrong and throw a great game, we do not need any more hype for this kid, what we need is a win.

2 comments:

Rooster August 18, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

The positive to take away from that is that we know he's working on some changes to his mechanics. In a game where a hit or a run did not really matter, maybe he felt he got a better feel for the changes he's making. That could translate into better results on Wednesday.

Let's hope so anyway!

Matt August 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

Yeah, but he had more than a month to do that with the PawSox without much change. I really hope he can show some big improvement because we need him to come up big.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP