Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Damon Drops Ball...Winning Run Scores

The Yankees lost another one last night when Johnny Damon dropped a fly ball on what would have been the third out of the inning, allowing the winning run to score.
"Nine hundred and ninety-nine times out of a 1,000 he catches the ball," Girardi said of Damon, who made his 10th start in center. "For whatever reason, it didn't happen. Those are balls Johnny is used to catching. It was a strange event."
"I just missed it, plain and simple," said Damon. "I know that stuff happens sometimes, but catching routine fly balls should not be that much of a problem. I'm baffled. I'll take this on me."
A-Rod was also thrown out trying to stretch a single into a double in the 9th.
The Yankees are now 11 games behind the Rays and 6.5 behind the Red Sox.

1 comments:

Rooster August 20, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

I really enjoyed watching the replays of that. Damon is showing signs of the wear his baody has taken all these years. And the Yanks dropping even farther back is wonderful!

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP