Thursday, August 21, 2008

What Does Buchholz Departure Mean For the Rotation.

With Clay Buchholz in Portland the Red Sox rotation now includes: Beckett, Byrd, Dice-K, Lester, and Wake. Since they demoted Buchholz that can only mean that Wake is ready to return when he is schuduled to come off of the DL. Since Masterson did not pitch last night and did not warm up I believe they are planning on bringing him back into the rotation if Beckett misses more time than expected. The Globe has Byrd, Lester, and Dice-K as the next three probable pitchers without anyone listed for the Yankees series. It could be Wake, Masterson, and Byrd in that series if Beckett can't go. You can never have too much pitching.

2 comments:

Rooster August 21, 2008 at 8:45 AM  

From what I've heard, they seem hopeful Wakefield will indeed be back. I think I've got my eye on Bartolo Colon to make a possible appearance if Beckett needs more time off. I believe he's getting closer. If he is not ready, I'd agree, Masterson makes sense.

However, once Colon is truly ready, I wonder what they'll do?

Matt August 21, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Colon has not yet thrown more than 2 innings in Pawtucket so he is still a few weeks away at best.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP