Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Smoltz Day Red Sox Nation!

The day has finally arrived. John Smoltz will make his major league debut in a Red Sox uniform this evening against the Washington Nationals.

John Smoltz

Every time I think about Smoltz pitching for us, I get giddy as a school girl. I do worry that I am setting myself up to have WAY too high expectations, but giddy as a school girl none the less. I have to remind myself that Smoltz is coming off surgery and that he is going to need to build up his pitch count and what not. Doesn't change how flippin' excited I am! We have JOHN SMOLTZ on a mound for OUR team. That is just complete and utter awesomesauce. We have a guy who has dominated starting games....closing games....middle relief.

The guy just knows how to win...and his competitive drive is one of the highest I have ever seen. Whenever I think of his competitive spirit, I remember when the pitchers were doing sprints in Spring Training. Who won the sprints? Yeah, that's right...the 42 year old John Smoltz, that's WHO!

I think he is going to fit in ever so well with the Red Sox and it's faithful Nation. 7:05pm cannot come early enough for me today.

HAPPY JOHN SMOLTZ DAY EVERYONE!!! (Except Braves fans)

3 comments:

Unknown June 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

I moved to Atlanta recently so I've just now become a Braves fan. The Smoltz trade was a sad day for Atlanta. His stats prove and everyone here in Atlanta thinks that he is a sports legend. I feel like that The Braves should have done everything they could to keep Smoltz.
-Ana

Matt June 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Smoltz did do some great things with the Braves as a starter and as a closer.

The Sox had the financial resources to take a risk on him that the Braves could not afford.

I'm not sure how much longer Theo is going to be able to go under the radar with getting these high risk/high reward guys without much competition from other bidders.

Unknown June 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Yeah you're lucky to have him he's one of the best in the game. I dont wanna come out of left feild here (pun intended) but I wish he was playing in the sports legends challenge I just bought a ticket to. Have you heard of it?

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP