Monday, August 4, 2008

Why Jason Bay Will Thrive at Boston

It's his destiny.

From redsox.com:

A couple of things he may not have had time to pack came from his childhood in British Columbia, Canada, where his father, Dave Bay, was a huge Red Sox fan.

"For whatever reason, my dad was a diehard Red Sox fan," Bay said. "I had a onesie when I was however old, and it was a Red Sox onesie and I still have it. I grew up my entire life with two big posters -- one of Jim Rice and the other of Carl Yastrzemski with the 'New England -- I Love You' saying under it. They are still in my parents' basement."

4 comments:

Anonymous,  August 4, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

well, there you have it.

hard to argue with that.

great factoid. i love what the kid has done so far... lets hope this spark stays lit while the Sox are on the road...

Anonymous,  August 4, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

I was at Saturday's game-it was nice to see the welcome Bay got from the fans, and to see Youk hit his stride. This is why we love our boys from Boston! Manny was a big part of the team, but he was NOT the whole team.

Matt August 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

There is still plenty to cheer about in Boston in the post Manny era...Big Papi is still the face of the Red Sox and will lead them to another title. I can't wait until Sept to get back to Fenway.

stefan August 4, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Jason Bay is a great all around player, in addition to the fact that he is much younger than Manny. Red Sox fans, look forward to many more great years with the addition of a true ballplayer with a good work ethic. Manny might have had more raw talent, but what you got in Bay is a guy who will play good defense and in the end, help the team more.

To read my articles, check out my blog at:
http://talkaboutsport.blogspot.com/

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP