Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny Suspended 50 Games For PED's

UPDATE: Manny's drug choice linked to steroids:

However, two sources told ESPN's T.J. Quinn and Mark Fainaru-Wada that the drug used by Ramirez is HCG -- human chorionic gonadotropin. HCG is a women's fertility drug typically used by steroid users to restart their body's natural testosterone production as they come off a steroid cycle. It is similar to Clomid, the drug Bonds, Giambi and others used as clients of BALCO.


Manny Ramirez has violated MLB policy for PED's and has been suspended by MLB:

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that outfielder Manny Ramirez of the Los Angeles Dodgers has been suspended for 50 games for a violation of Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Ramirez is effective immediately.


Looks like Canseco was right again.

Where do you even begin with this? First off it should sour any Sox fans that had still be defending Manny. Secondly, as hard as this is to say, it does taint some of the recent Red Sox success. On this site I have called out the Yankees whenever possible and have gone after A-Rod* and Roger*. It looks like now I have to give the asterisk to Manny* too. I am glad that Manny* is no longer on the Red Sox but there is no denying how much this hurts the team and the game. Once again a player puts himself above the game and the fans are the ones left behind.

Manny issued the following statement on the suspension through the MLBPA:

“Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was okay to give me. Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons. “I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation.” – Manny Ramirez

5 comments:

Anonymous,  May 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

will red sox fans now say that '04 and '07 don't count like they said about the yankees in '03? Just check out: www.bostondirtdogs.com/Headline_Archives/2004/12/giambi_on_stero.html

Matt May 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Like I wrote in the post, the victories are now tainted as with everything in baseball these days... another letdown for fans.

dave,  May 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Manny said in his statement that he had passed 15 drug tests in the past 5 seasons. (Must research this.)

Matt May 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

If it is not a steroid and it is a new thing Manny was taking it does take some taint off of the Sox but I have a hard time believing anyone is clean anymore. Here's the latest on what the drug may have been.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ApmVQi9LjECCyZYtsXRrNcI5nYcB?slug=ys-ramirezsuspension050709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Anonymous,  May 7, 2009 at 9:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP