Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sign Stealing at the Stadium?

Joe Girardi yelled at Red Sox 1st base coach last night because he may have thought he was stealing signs but then refused to talk about it in the post-game press conference:


I’m not going to comment,” Girardi said. “Baseball men being baseball men. It was something I thought I saw.”

Initially, Terry Francona, the Red Sox manager, spoke playfully about the incident by saying Girardi was asking about Bogar’s family and that Bogar said, “Everybody is O.K. at home.” But, when Francona was asked if Girardi had accused Bogar of tipping pitches, he turned serious.

“They could have,” Francona said. “I really don’t care.”


Another interesting moment in the history of the rivalry. I'm sure this story will get more play as the day goes on.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP