Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Final Plea: Vote Youk & Pedey for the 2009 All Star Game!

Today is the last day vote GETTING THE VOTE OUT for the 2009 All Star Game! The All Star Polls close tonight at 11:59 PM EST. We are closing in 14 hours left to cast your votes for your favorite All Stars.

If you haven't voted already...go here and get to voting. You can vote 25 times for each email address you have. If you have already voted...find those old email addresses you no longer use....vote with them. Ask your co-workers, family, neighbors, mailman, hair dresser, etc...if you can use their email address to vote for the All Star Game...and then get to voting.

VOTE, VOTE and VOTE some more.

Youkilis was listed as barely in the lead of the evil King of Douchebaggery Mark Teixeira. However, we know those Yanks fans are going to be getting out the vote for their guy...so we can't let them beat us in the final hours. Isn't this just one more way that we can let the Yankees and the WORLD know:

Kevin Youkilis >>>>>>>>>> Mr. Leigh Teixeira

And let's not forget about our adorable, little Pedey. He is currently in a tough battle for the starting Second Base spot with the Rangers Ian Kinsley. Pedey was listed in 2nd place, but only by about 6000 votes. We were able to get Youk into the lead, so while we are voting our little booties off for Youk...we are voting for Pedroia too, RIGHT? Pedroia always is playing the role of the scrappy underdog who comes up big. Why not one more time? Let's make sure the AL MVP is our starting Second Basemen for the ALL STAR GAME. That only seems right.

VOTE YOUK. VOTE PEDEY. VOTE OFTEN AND THEN VOTE AGAIN!

4 comments:

David MySky July 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

I finally got around to voting today. As much as I would enjoy seeing 9 Sox starters at the ASG, I know that would never happen, nor should it. Every year come voting time, I find myself wondering why does MLB allow 25 votes per e-mail address. Some mikeymomo with 100 e-mail addresses with nothing better to do than sit in front of a computer all day long could theoretically send in 2500+ votes. That's not right. IMHO, only 1 set of votes per e-mail address and perhaps up to 4 e-mail addresses per ISP address should be the limit until I hear logical reasoning why it's set up the way it is right now.

I do like the fact that they don't make it easy to log those 25 votes. You have to enter the validation code for each vote, and you have to remember to uncheck the 'We're gonna spam you to death with junk mail if you don't uncheck this button' button, lest you start getting all their announcements about your favorite team. No thank you, I know where to go to get my info. I voted 25 x 2 e-mail addresses, and called it quits. I have a couple more addresses that I use for specific reasons, but I just don't have the time to be stuffing the ballot box the way the system is set up right now. I took some advantage of the system to vote for all my favorite Sox & Giants, not as much as some others, but I really think this system needs another look at by MLB.

Shelley July 3, 2009 at 5:09 AM  

I agree in theory, not in practice. So, I voted about a million bajillion times yesterday and wasn't alone in twitterland doing so.

It isn't how the contest was designed, but we know Yankee and other mlb fans are voting with all the email addresses that they have...so, we can not do that and watch Youk not get the start while Yankees fans vote to their hearts content.

So, while the system is broken...I am working with the broke system and voting, voting, voting.

David MySky July 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

Maybe I should have taken the day off to use up my 98 other e-mail addresses (most of which have not been created yet) to vote for Youk.

Anonymous,  April 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM  

Very descriptive post, I liked that bit. Will there be
a part 2?

Stop by my web-site ... weight management

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP