Friday, September 18, 2009

Tek. That's it. You're Grounded!

We all know I am a Tek fan. Always have been. This off season, I was just sick thinking that he might not get resigned by the team. When he did sign, I was happy as could be...jumping up and down...and singing from the roof tops. I think the world of our Captain.

I also think it's time for the Captain to be the Captain from the bench. I had accepted his diminished bat for the other things he does. But with two glaring errors in the past two days, umm...yeah, it's time to call a spade a spade.

In the game on Wednesday....Tek let a ball get beyond him on a strike 3 from Ramon Ramirez that caused all hell to break loose and our boys to go from having a 2 run lead to having a 2 run deficit.

Then last night. Josh Beckett threw a nasty breaking ball...that Tek went to the mound and called. And, Tek lost the ball again and it allowed the runner on 3rd to score...game tied.

Ugh with a side of ugh. With defense like that, I can no longer defend his lack of offense. V MART should be our starting catcher, in my lowly opinion.

Sorry Captain. I still love you. Always will. I just can't stand strong in your defense any longer. Sad times, sad times.

4 comments:

fc September 18, 2009 at 8:17 AM  

And no in-game applesauce either. Unless you think it'll help.

Shelley September 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

As long as he's eating it...while sitting on the bench, tis cool with me!

Matt September 18, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

I just can't see having him be in the lineup for a playoff game. His D does not make up for weak bat. I think he will be a great manager someday and he should start moving in that direction. At the end of the season he will be loved by Sox fans for all he has done for the team as long as he doesn't make any errors like last night.

Clyde Lovett September 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Well put. Let him transition with veneration to another part of the organization.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP