Friday, October 10, 2008

Narragansett Beer

My Uncle Mickey used to own a 'packy' in RI. That's a package store, or a liquor store, for those of you not from the Red Sox country. Since I've been in CA for twenty + years, I haven't had opportunities to drink it. I'm under the impression that they went out of business, too. Just as there are no two beers alike, so are there no two beer drinkers alike. I am happy to report that I've never suffered any gastrointestinal difficulties after imbibing the RI brew. After reading the preceding post about Narry', I found this gem of a poster from 1967, and a couple of TV ads, as well. I also happen to have this 100 + yo Narragansett Brewery bottle opener for sale.
Serious inquiries only.






Narragansett Ad

Vintage narragansett beer ad

2 comments:

Matt October 10, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

Makes me almost wish I had a sixer in the fridge just for old time's sake.

Anonymous,  November 21, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

For more information on the Narragansett Brewing Company as well as Narragansett and the BoSox,
check out our website:
www.rhodeislandbreweryhistory.com
Greg Theberge

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP