Thursday, June 18, 2009

Buchholz Responds to Criticism

Earlier this week I posted the NECN interview where Clay Buchholz sounded very frustrated in his current situation and said some things he probably regrets. Yesterday WEEI caught up with Clay and asked him about the interview:


“My goal is to pitch in Boston,” Buchholz added. “[The media] might have went a little out of context with it because I’m getting a little frustrated, but on the up and up that’s where I want to be. Fenway is the best place to pitch and the Red Sox are the best team to play for. I don’t see me being anywhere else except for Boston, so that’s where I want to be.”

Buchholz apologized for any ruckus that the interview caused, and showed the same enthusiasm towards his eventual return to the big leagues that he did in spring training.

“That was a little bitterness coming out of me, but I can’t be too bitter,” said Buchholz. “I’m still pitching healthy and I’ll get my shot sooner or later.”

Great to see that he is on board with the team and is willing to do what it takes.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP