Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pedroia Calls Hometown Paper to Apologize

Dustin Pedroia has called up his hometown paper, the Daily Democrat, to apologize for his comments about Woodland.


"I want everyone to know I love Woodland," he said on Saturday in a phone interview with The Democrat.

"I'm crushed by this because I love Woodland. Woodland has embraced me beyond expectations. Every time I go back there I see kids wearing my jersey. That's the ultimate.

"Obviously I'm extremely sorry about the whole thing and how it got mixed up. I want the people of Woodland to know I love them. They raised me."

Pedroia also said he wanted to build a mini Fenway Park for Woodland little leaguers. Hopefuly this will put an end to the rift between some of the citizens of Woodland and Pedroia and he can enjoy playing in front of some of Woodland residents in Oakland on Monday.

0 comments:

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP