Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ortiz is Going To Stay at the 3 Spot in the Order

Terry Francona explained why he is keeping Big Papi as the number three guy in the Red Sox batting order:

He's going to get hot. How hot? Well, let's find out. And when it does happen, I don't want him hitting eighth. Again, we set this up [the lineup] for a reason, and we want to see this through. If it gets to the point where we have to make a change, I will certainly do that. And I've told David, David and I have had this talk, and that's not a problem. I'm probably the one hanging on to this, I want this to work where it is."

Ortiz has struggled but I think there is way to much focus on where he bats in the order right now. Moving Big Papi down to #7 is not going to magically make him start hitting home runs. There is pressure on Ortiz now at #3 and there will be pressure on him if he bats #7. Nothing is going to make the pressure go away until he hits a few homers. It will happen soon and he will get more relaxed at the plate and start putting up good numbers. Keep the faith.

1 comments:

Shelley May 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

I love Tito's confidence in Papi. That is what the guy needs, IMO. Yes, I also think Tito needs to make the best decision for the team and not the best decision for Papi's ego, but right now...I think Tito is doing exactly the right thing.

I cannot wait...CANNOT WAIT until Papi gets hot.

Sawxheads

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP